Orders, including expedited, require processing time and ship by the next business day (e.g. orders submitted Friday ship by Monday, or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday). We do our best to accommodate requests for faster or delayed processing.
Exceptions, for which we’ll contact the buyer, may include:
- orders requiring further information, e.g. address correction, or
- heat-sensitive orders to ship after the weekend to avoid delays in warm facilities.
SHIPMENT & DELIVERY
Packages ship on business days (not on weekends or most national holidays).
Some orders require additional packaging, such as cold packs and insulation for heat-sensitive orders traveling through warm weather. Any applicable fees will be added automatically to your cart at checkout, but ice and insulation will be included when needed even without having charged the fee.
U.S. orders ship Monday thru Friday, with delivery times (once processed) as follows:
- Flat Rate: 1-5 business days (free for chocolate, tinned seafood, bitters, and all orders over $50)
- FedEx Home Delivery: 1-5 business days (see map below)
- FedEx 2-Day: guaranteed 2 business days (e.g. order submitted Tuesday would ship Wednesday for Friday delivery)
- FedEx Overnight: guaranteed next business day (note: with processing time, an order submitted midday Thursday would ship Friday for Monday delivery)
Canada orders deliver (once processed) as follows:
- FedEx International Economy: 4-7 business days
- FedEx International Priority: 3 business days (ships Mon/Tue only for heat-sensitive items in warm weather)
ONCE IT’S ON ITS WAY
Tracking information should be provided automatically by the carrier (tracking unavailable for non-expedited gift cards). If you do not receive courtesy tracking information from USPS or FedEx within 24 hours of shipment, please feel free to contact us.
The carrier assumes liability for the package, contents, and delivery once they pick up the shipment. The buyer should contact the carrier to resolve delivery issues. Caputo’s is not responsible for delays caused by shipping carriers.
The recipient assumes liability once a shipment is delivered. To ensure quality and prevent theft, we recommend:
- delivering to secure/cool locations,
- making sure packages are promptly retrieved and properly stored,
- watching tracking updates (including activating delivery notifications with the carrier),
- checking mailbox, mail locker, front desk, porch, neighbors, or other locations before reporting a missing package, and
- shipping to an alternative address if problems have arisen in the past.
Please feel free to reach out with questions. We’re committed to helping resolve issues however we can.
WARM WEATHER COMMITMENT
We ship heat-sensitive items nationwide year-round. With our warm weather packaging (small fee may apply during hottest months), we commit to keeping your order properly cooled and in great shape on arrival. If your order is best shipped after the weekend to avoid holding delays in warm facilities, we will notify you if this would push fulfillment beyond next-day. If you encounter an exception, please promptly notify us, and we’ll help however we can.
Cancellations are guaranteed until the order is being prepared for shipment. We do our best to track down and cancel unshipped orders upon request.
You may return most new, unopened, non-perishable items within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll pay return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error.
Please allow up to four weeks (most are faster) for returns to:
- arrive at our warehouse (up to 10 business days) and
- be processed (1-3 business days) and posted to your account (up to 7 business days).