Orders within the U.S. ship by the next business day from the order date (e.g. orders submitted Friday ship by Monday, or if Monday is a holiday, then by Tuesday). We do our best to accommodate requests for faster or delayed processing.
Orders to Canada ship by the next business day for non-perishables, or Mondays and Tuesdays for perishables.
We’ll contact the buyer with any exceptions, such as an order requiring further information or a heat-sensitive order best shipped later to prevent it from sitting in warm facilities on a weekend.
SHIPMENT & DELIVERY
Some orders require additional packaging, such as cold packs and insulation. Fees will be added automatically at checkout, but ice and insulation are used when needed even if the fee wasn’t charged.
Shipping options and delivery times within the U.S. (after processing) are as follows:
- Flat Rate (USPS/FedEx): 1-5 business days (free for orders $50 or more and for all chocolate, tinned seafood, & bitters)
- FedEx Home Delivery: 1-5 business days (see map below)
- FedEx 2-Day: 2 business days
- FedEx Overnight: next business day
Shipping options and delivery times to Canada (after processing) are as follows:
- FedEx International Economy: 4-7 business days (non-perishables only)
- FedEx International Priority: 3 business days (perishables ship only Mon/Tue)
ONCE IT’S ON ITS WAY
Courtesy tracking information is provided automatically (gift cards are generally shipped without tracking). Please check your junk mail folder before notifying us if you don’t receive it within 24 hours of shipment notification.
The carrier assumes liability for the package and contents once it leaves our warehouse. The buyer should first contact the carrier with any delivery issue.
The recipient assumes liability once a package is delivered. To ensure quality and prevent theft, we recommend:
- delivering to a secure, cool location,
- making sure packages are promptly retrieved, opened for inspection, and properly stored,
- watching tracking updates or requesting delivery notification from the carrier,
- checking mailbox, mail locker, reception, porch, & neighbors before reporting a missing package, and
- shipping to an alternative address if problems have arisen in the past.
Please feel free to reach out with questions. We’re committed to helping resolve issues however we can.
WARM WEATHER COMMITMENT
We ship year-round with a commitment to keep your order properly cooled and in great shape on arrival, including the use of warm weather packaging as needed. If your order is best shipped after the weekend to avoid holding delays in warm facilities, we will notify you if this would delay the shipment. If you receive something in other than great shape, please let us know, and we’ll help resolve it for you.
Cancellation is guaranteed until the order is prepared for shipment. Even after the guaranteed window, we do our best to cancel any order upon request.
You may return most new, unopened, non-perishable items within 7 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll pay return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error.
Please allow up to four weeks for returns to:
- arrive at our warehouse (up to 10 business days) and
- be processed (1-3 business days) and posted to your account (up to 7 business days).